- Nutrition classes will be offered EVERY Tuesday at 11am and 6pm
- You can attend either based on your day
- One topic (see below) is covered each week
- Classes will take place in the DHAC Theater
- Classes run for 30 minutes with a question & answer session at the end
- Any DHAC member can attend these classes for FREE
- Participants will be encouraged to keep a daily food record
- Classes are taught by DHAC staff
Week 1: What to eat, how much to eat and when to eat.
Week 2: The ins and outs of label reading. What you need to know to make healthy choices.
Week 3: Good fats, bad fats and cholesterol. How much you need and the best sources.
Week 4: Trusting your hunger. How to escape from “Diet Jail.“
Week 5: Healthy snacks.
Week 6: Increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables. Fiber, phytochemicals and antioxidants.
Week 7: Sodium.
Week 8: Dining out. Preplanning for social gatherings, holidays, etc.
Talk to a DHAC staff member for more details.