Change Your Life… and Your Heart’s Future!
Part of the $60 for Sixty Days Series
This program promotes lifestyle changes and teaches patients about nutrition and healthy behaviors along with time and stress management.
Introducing Cardiac 3.5
The Cardiac 3.5 program is for people who have completed a hospital based cardiac rehabilitation program and are looking for a medically supervised program designed to help improve your cardiovascular health if you have experienced a heart attack, heart failure, angioplasty, or heart surgery.
Our goal is to help you lower your risk for future heart problems, being able to return to and maintain your daily physical activity needs.
We offer a supervised exercise program consisting of aerobic exercise, an introduction to strength training, and stretching exercise. We also include dietary counseling, diabetes education, and behavior modifications focused on creating a healthier long-term lifestyle change.
Your progress will be monitored by experienced exercise physiologists. While you exercise, a health professional tracks your heart rate, blood pressure, and symptoms. All exercise progress will be communicated to your primary care physician and cardiologist.
- Patient must have medical referral / clearance
- Exercise setting is supervised by degreed exercise physiologists
- Exercise setting is comprised of small groups of up to 8 people
- Patients commit to TWO 45 minute exercise sessions per week!
- Patients are required to do fasting lipid panel and, if necessary, HbA1c at the start of the program (if warranted)
- Patients with Type 2 Diabetes are required to perform pre and post-exercise glucose monitoring with the assistance of qualified staff
- Required monitoring of patient heart rate and blood pressure
- Exercise prescription consists of stretching, cardiovascular exercise and resistance training in accordance with ACSM guidelines and / or physician referral / clearance
- Group fitness classes are available and optional for patients with physician clearance (i.e. Water Aerobics, Yoga, Tai Chi, and more)
Part of the $60 for Sixty Days Series
Give us 60 days, and we’ll give you the rest of your life.
Take CONTROL of your health with $60 for Sixty Days through education, motivation and exercise!
What is $60 For Sixty Days?
$60 for Sixty Days is an introduction to exercise and movement that your Physician may recommend if you would benefit from a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Who is it for?
$60 For Sixty Days is for people who are sedentary or have specific concerns such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or weight management problems. Also, $60 For Sixty Days is for people whose lifestyle may be leading to such issues.
What makes it work?
The $60 For Sixty Days program is unique in its approach. Every consideration is given to the experience of the participant with special attention paid to the enviornment and emotional comfort. Participants enjoy the experience so they come in more often and are more likely to continue for a longer period of time, ultimately changing their lifestyle and forming healthy habits.
As a $60 For Sixty Days program participant, you have access to a wide variety of offerings to help you achieve optimal health. The indoor walking track and classes will improve strength, flexibility, stability and stamina in a social and fun atmosphere.
Experience the supportive environment of Wellness Central, where you will receive personalized attention from our staff of Exercise Physiologists. Strength training and cardiovascular machines, a stretching area, and comfortable places to just relax are all part of healthy exercise. You will be surrounded by real people in a relaxed atmosphere, feel comfortable and confident with exercise, and learn a healthy way of living.
$60 FOR SIXTY DAYS IS AN INTRODUCTION TO EXERCISE FOR